“10K Streetathon 2014@Kowloon East.”
Dear Fellow Rotarians:
In a time-honored tradition of the Rotary, we are proud to bring to all of you our annual 10K running event this year, “Hong Kong STREETATHON 10km@Kowloon East 2014.” This year the date will be on Sunday, 23 March 2014.
This year’s event brings special meaning as we are partnering with a social enterprise, SV Hong Kong, that shares the same values as Rotary. RunOurCity is one of SVHK’s flagship projects.
RunOurCity is founded by running enthusiasts aiming to use sports to address social issues and it has been developing a program to help the youth get fit. While the training process can help to increase connection to the community, the overall higher fitness and bettered stamina will ultimately lead to higher self-esteem and more positive personal development for the youth.
What are you waiting for? The registration is all online and you can do that now! Sign up at www.runourcity.org/tc/streetathon.html using the following promotion codes:
- Rotarian / family: ROT15671
- Rotaractor: ROT45689
- Interactor / RAAS: ROT85472
What else can you do? Those who don’t like to run, you may chose to walk; many of us did that last year. Those who don’t want to walk, you can still be our volunteers and help! As a supporting organization, we would like to recruit 100 volunteers. Please sign up with RIC at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone, email, and club name.
So please help me to maximize the circulation of this message to anyone who could be interested to run, walk, or simply want to help out!
See you all there!!
Chairman of 10K Run Organizing Committee
Some fun facts about the run:
1) It is a unique course on local roads, with confirmed police assistance in cordoning off, between the new Kai Tak Cruise Terminal, and Kwun Tong to take runners through the industrial, commercial and residential areas. Interesting to run, just as interesting if you want to walk
2) It will start at a civilized hour of 0830 and inside the city!
3) It will have a follow on Carnival at the Cruise Terminal with mini-concert, food & beverage and games, etc.
PS. Don’t forget, there is another youth event, the annual “Music @ Youth” concert, by RCHKN starting at noon at the TST Cultural Center Plaza. There will be great music from many youth bands across Hong Kong! Don’t miss it.
For details, please refer to the below link: