Rotary Adopt A School (RAAS) Information
A. Sports Day for All on 2 November 2013 at Tseung Kwan O Sports Ground
The site visit originally scheduled on 2 August but postponed to 9 August 10:30 a.m. due to the bad weather. Rotarians are welcome to join in.
Since Hong Kong Jockey Club turned down the application for funding support due to timing concern and the nature of the event is different from the original application that HKBSF applied for 2 years’ financial support to direct benefit Visual Impaired people, the OC was advised to raise funds on its own. A fund-raising sub-committee chaired by Grace Chan, CEO of HKBSF was formed and Rotary will consider supporting.
B. Site Visit to Green Technology Consortium Campus (GTC) on 18 Aug 2-4 pm
GTC is located in the 120,000 sq. ft. Campus at Sheung Shui where displays various Green Technologies:
– Food waste processing centre: manage up to 50 tons daily including 60,000 to 120,000 lunch boxes
– Food waste machine training centre: display various machines from few kg. up to 100 kg.
– Urban Organic Farm: illustrate modern organic farming solutions inside city
– Japanese Experimental Farm: Japanese researcher doing R&B projects
– Hydroponic Farm: provide water farming vegetable
– GTC Green Room: display solar light and wind powered system, bamboo
flooring, chemical free cleaning solution
C. 2013 Hong Kong Student Calligraphy Exhibition cum Prize Presentation Ceremony on 21 September 2013 at 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. at Sheung Wan Civil Centre, Exhibition Hall.
DG Eugene and Mr. Edwin Tsui, Principal Education Officer (Kowloon) will be invited to be Guests of Honour. Exhibition of Chinese Handwriting Calligraphy will take place from 21 to 23 September 2013. You are welcome to visit the Exhibition.
By RAAS Committee